The Common Good

What does the phrase "Common Good" mean to you? Is it political? Religious? Both?

by: dennisearlbaker

07-18-2013 @ 5:00pm

This defines my interpretation of " Common Good "

The decisions are being made now that may risk inducing unknown disasters!
For example Humans used magnets to navigate the planet for almost a thousand years, without knowing the magnetic fields prevented solar radiation reaching the planet.
Geo-Engineering is introducing on mass a foreign substance reflect sun light away from the planet, may induce unforeseen interactions with other unknown established planetary control systems! 
Therefore a informed decision is required by all.
I therefore put forward a potential energy source for consideration and debate and to assist in ensuring the decision made is informed!

Human excrement  + Nuclear waste = Hydrogen Thank you Dennis In my opinion 

We need to replace the fossil fuel power plants, the primary source of GHG. Now! 

At a scale required to accomplish this task : 

Ethanol starves people : not a viable option. 

Fracking releases methane : not a viable option. 

Cellulose Bio Fuel Uses Food Land : not a viable option 

Solar uses food land : Not a viable option 

Wind is Intermittent : Not a viable option 

All Human and Agricultural Organic Waste can be converted to hydrogen, through exposure intense radiation! 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/DennisearlBaker/2012-a-breakthrough-for-r_b_1263543_135881292.html 

The Radioactive Materials exist now, and the Organic waste is renewable daily. 

Ending the practice of dumping sewage into our water sources. 

Air, Water, Food and Energy issues, receive significant positive impacts . 

Reducing illness / health care costs as well ! 

Dennis Bakertwitter @dennisearlbaker
Penticton BC V2A1P9 
cell phone 250-462-3796 
Phone / Fax 250 492 0033http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/causes/uploads/2012/01/GHG-emitters-2010.jpgdingo.care2.com

by: renecochoa

05-19-2013 @ 12:13pm

To me it means the good that is inherent throughout creation. It implies that what is good for me is also good for others, in that we all share one humanity and one life together here on planet Earth with the plants and animals...

We need to acknowledge what is good about each other... what our deepest needs and aspirations are... and recognize that we are truly brothers and sisters... This is a sense of "the common good" that can motivate us to act in new and creative ways...

Jied Syiem

by: Jied Syiem

04-04-2013 @ 4:37am

None.

The sun shines for the "Common Good" of ALL people. That's God's design. If so, our pursuit of "Common Good" also must be exercised without prejudice of class, caste, faith, religion, political affiliation, status etc.

by: Sandi Villarreal

04-05-2013 @ 3:43pm
in reply to: Jied Syiem

Agreed!